View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 07:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/138/125 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress:
Question Can't up my carbs without gaining weight

I have been on induction for about a month now. Only lost about 5 pounds overall which is a little frustrating but I am okay with it because it still has worked better than anything else I have ever tried. Problem is everytime I try to move from induction and add some carbs I start gaining weight. I am just below 20 now and even if I had 5 more carbs I seem to gain. I would really like to start adding some fruit because that is what I am craving but I don't want to gain those hard earned 5 pounds back. I don't cheat. I normally have eggs for breakfast every morning and tuna with mayo for lunch on a salad and chicken breast or fish for dinner. I snack on cheese and pepperettes during the day and if I am really hungry and don' have anything else I have an atkins bar. I don't really have any cravings though. The whole eating thing is kind of a pain for me. I excercise pretty intense at least 3x a week but lately haven't had as much energy as I have had in the past. (I have been excercising for about a year now) The fitness instructor told me that it is because I am not eating carbs and I need carbs for energy. I have lost a few inches but not down a size yet. My clothes are just a bit looser. I lost the five pounds in the first week. I really would be happy if I could get down three more pounds just to be making more progress. I do feel better on this way of life (other than the lack of energy lately) but it is frustrating that it is so hard to get where I want to be. The Gym where I go is suggesting that I get on the Zone program and I had a program done up for me but I am scared of the carbs. I am scared that I will start gaining weight on it. They said that I won't but they don't know my metabolism. It seems like just looking at other people eating, I gain weight.
Anyway, sorry this is so long. Just looking for advice. I know it is different for everyone but just wondering if anything I could do. Thanks
Sponsored Links