View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 06:34
Registered Member

Plan: The South Beach Diet
Stats: 192.0/168.5/142.0 Female 64 inches
BF:39%/36%/25%
Progress: 47%
Thumbs up I found a really GOOD wrap that should be okay!

Hi, At Shaw's Supermarket (Boston area in MA), I found "Joseph's Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Torillas. They are pretty good. Each 8" diameter tortilla is broken down on the Nutrition Panel as follows:

Calories: 70
Total Fat 1.5g (0 saturated)
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 380mg
Total Carbohydrate: 11g
Dietary Fiber: 6g (making "Net Impact Carbs = 5g)
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 7g

NOTE: They also have 4% daily value Calcium and 6% daily value Iron

Ingredients: Water, wheat gluten, corn start, oat fiber, whole wheat flour, oat bran, isolated soy protein, soy flour, soy oil, sesame flour, salt, a bunch of preservatives and sucralose (Splenda).

As far as taste goes, they are rather moist, but I assume as they age they will become firmer. They keep in the fridge quite well and also freeze well. If you toast them in the oven, they puff up and can be separated into two, thinner tortillas after cooling a bit. Last night I did that and put them back in, then toasted them until brown and crisp and used them as dippers for guacamole! It was pretty good. I have also made burritos with them and made tuna salad sandwiches with them, plus I have used the warmed tortillas as a dip for hummus.

I hope you can find these in your area. I think they are other brands like this around, too. Good Luck and enjoy!