Old Tue, May-04-04, 21:38
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatfrog
I got a chuckle from that. I'm definitely not one of the "any of you" right now. Last year I "worked" more at building flab than muscle!! I'm kicking myself now. But if we both stick to it, we can look like Built real soon.

Great Pic, by the way, Built. What definition and a tiny waist, too!! What do you do for back exercises.

Pammie- You are amazing!! 88 pounds- that's my daughter in a heavy coat!
What an accomplishment!! Keep it up and you will be Miss Universe!!

Off to bed
Phat

Oh, stop!

I'm still working on the bottom half, but it's coming along ever so slowly since I increased my leg workouts to do more heavy volume work.

I'll do a better job of this at some point, but here's my current routine.

Roughly, I do a 4 day split:
Monday: quads

3 sets of 10 squats with 25 lbs a side
then 5 sets of 15 leg press, 2 plates a side
then 2 supersets of sissy squats with seated leg extensions

Tuesday: Shoulders, chest and triceps
I do a LOT of rear delt work

Shoulder side raises, 12 pound dumbbells
Arnie presses: 20 lb dumbbells
lying rear lateral shoulder raises (face down on incline bench): drop sets with 8s, 5s, 3s
Face pulls
Bent over rear delt rows with 20 lb dumbbell

Chest: incline flyes with 15 lb dumbbells
incline chest press with 35 lb dumbbells

Triceps: overhead tricep extension, single 45 lb dumbbell - 3 sets of 6 or 8
standing tricep rope extensions - 3 sets of 8 with 30 lbs

Thursday: hammies!

leg press, but with toes off the platform so I press through heels - 3 or 4 sets of 10-12 with 2 plates a side
SLDL - (Stiff leg deadlift) - the bar plus a plate a side, 3 sets of 10
OR
the bar plus 25 a side, 4 sets of 12
Leg curls - three sets
back extensions, one LONG set, squeezing glutes at top of movement

Friday: back and biceps

Seated cable rows, 3 sets of 6 or 8 with 70 lbs
lat pull downs, 3 sets or 6 or 8 with 90 lbs OR assisted chinups, which I've been doing more of lately for pulling the lats out
shrugs - one long set of 10 or 12 with 105 lbs (it's the heaviest ez curl bar we have, and I'm too lazy to load up a bar to do more but it's not hard to go heavy with these)
Dumbbell pullovers (like barbell pullover, but with a single 45 lb dumbbell - looks like a dumbbell lying triceps extension, but with straight arms so the back does the work ) - 3 sets of 8

biceps: seated alternating dumbbell curls: three sets of 6 with 25 lbs a side
incline alternating dumbbell curls: three sets of 6 with 15 lbs a side
reverse bicep cable curls - use the overhead lat pull down bar, close grip, palms up, thumbs out. Grip, sit down, then pull down with biceps, then release slowly and let it back up.

Here's a site with videos for the exercises if you would like to figure out what the heck I'm talking about :http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Oh, and I try to get out once or twice a week for a bike ride, and I walk a bit. I've decreased the cardio because I'm finding lifting works better for body composition.