View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 06:35

Plan: Atkins, KISS
Stats: 235/200/183 Male 6' 1
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Effect of sweet foods such as ice cream

I have a sneaking suspicion that more knowledgeable readers will correct me on this, but it's worth a shot. My question concerns the dark side of all diets - 'ice cream' (And all his cousins).

Day 1 on BFL I have already been set straight on combining carbs and protein during each meal. It is now the end of the day. Having eaten 5 of my six meals, I am considering how to finish off.

Although BFL recommends the old 'clenched fist' guideline for measuring quantities, I am doing it precisely until I get the hang of portion size. To this stage, I have taken in 90% of my target calories, protein ratio is over 50% but the fat is only 15%.

So at this stage I am thinking, 'Hmmmm. A little ice cream, limited to, say, 200 calories, would put me right at my daily calorie limit and even make the ratios closer to 40/40/20.'

Anyway, I'm licking the bowl as my sticky fingers type this, figuring that it is easier to be forgiven than to get permission.

So what is the down side of doing this with BFL? An insulin spike? What effect would that have? Cravings? Putting weight on in my sleep? Is it true that the balance given by protein does lessen this effect?

It's too late for tonight of course, and I only just opened the ice cream. I'd be interested to here from others whether a little treat every now and again, if kept within one's parameters, does have a detrimental effect on weight loss during BFL.

BTW, if it helps, the ice cream I bought was low fat. In 100g (That's like a medium bowl full) there is 160 calories, 27g carbs (20g sugar), 6g protein, 3g fat.
Sponsored Links