#9   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 141/141/110 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress:

toni marie-
Don't worry if you can only do twenty crunches. That's a good start. Do twenty, rest a minute, do twenty more, rest, ect. Do three or four sets even if you decrease the number a bit with each set. Several sets of an excercise can bring great results.

"Bicycle" excercises are great for the abs. That's where you lay on your back and alternate bringing one knee into your chest and straightening it while you bring the other in. At the same time, with hands behind head you lift your upper body like a crunch and twist opposite shoulder toward whcih ever knee is bent. They work both obliques and abs together.

One thing I did which really worked for me. Because I HATE to do sit-up/ab stuff, I played a song that inspired me and would do leg lifts during the verse (for lower abs) and "bicycles" during the faster chorus. I couldn't believe the difference in just a week or two. If your interested, I'll tell you some more abs stuff. I just didn't want to go on and on.

Stick with it. There's nothing like excercise to make you feel and look great. It speeds the weight loss, makes you look healthier, fights the aging, etc. Your stats already look great. I hope your are very proud of all you've accomplished!!!