View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 18:39

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Hi Monika, I'm not yet in maintenance, but would like to share a thought or 2 with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiM
My doctor really wants me to stay where I am, practice maintaining this weight for 6-12 months before trying for 220.

This seems like a long time to me to practice maintenance mode. I would ask yourself first and foremost if you can be happy delaying your weight loss for this period of time. If not this long, then how long would YOU be comfortable with practicing? A month or 2 might be more reasonable from my perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiM
There are days when I eat less on purpose, but most of the time - I just eat 'normal' LC. The amount and kinds of food that don't feel at all like I'm trying to lose weight, if that makes sense.

This makes perfect sense to me. Eating lc has become habit for you and is your way of life now. I think this is normal for those of us in the TDC who have lost a lot of weight.

I don't think you'll have any difficulty in maintenance mode. You are a strong person and you've learned a lot from this forum. I suspect your Dr. hasn't a clue about how much support you really have here in the forum. I think that makes a huge difference in your ability to go into into maintenance mode. My guess is you probably know more than a lot of doctors about this WOE!

Good luck!