View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 15:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/180/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 80%

There is a lady on another board who is an awesome cook, and i really think that she has spent hours upon hours coming up with low carb recipes. Anyway, have any of you had mashed cauliflower? Ruby Tuesday is now offering it as a low carb side, instead of fries or whatever. Anyway, as it turns out, cauliflower is probably the most versatile veggies, because once its cooked it barely has any flavor...almost like tofu...you can make it taste like anything.

Anyway, the recipe calls for a head of raw cauliflower, which you shred with a hand grater. You basically stir fry it in a wok or other large skillet with cooking oil for about 5 min, and add bean sprouts, green onions, whatever you want. Then you can add 1 T of sesame oil, and soy sauce (I started with 26 oz of grated cauliflower, and used approximately 6 T of soy sauce). You can then scramble a couple eggs and add that in as well, like they do with REAL fried rice.

Anyway, believe it or not, it actually has the flavor and texture of fried rice. And for a 1 cup serving, its about 5 carbs total, NOT net.

Most of you can probably figure it out from my post, but if you need the actual recipe, I can ask the lady if she minds that I post it. Or better yet, you can email me at Ltearle~cm-cs.com and I will email you the recipe.