View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 15:00
Italian Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/262/115 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Dry brushing seems a bit harsh...this is what I do and have done since about 16. I originally pasted this in another forum, but I thought I would do well here too.

I have always taken extremely good care of my skin. I don't have any stretch marks, vericose veins or anything like that even though I beleive, genetically, I should because my mom has all that stuff. I beleive, in addition to exercise, what I do to keep my skin healthy now will reduce the excess skin problem that I will face when I begin to lose a lot of weight.

My "secret" is that I religiously exfoliate and use cocoa butter every day. Exfoliating is the process of scrubbing away dead skin cells to reveal the new layer of healthy skin. Not only does it do that, but with vigorous exfoliation you are also stimulating the many layers of skin cells, thus encouraging blood flow. I believe that is the key to keeping skin elastic as well as smooth.

The mitt I use for exfoliating is found at the Body Shop and is available online. I use it in the shower with Tone Cocoa Butter soap. You can find it here:

http://www.usa.thebodyshop.com/web/...25&is_mac=false

I also use cocoa butter religiously which is used not only to soften skin but is a widely accepted cure for stretch marks and scars. I swear by it. Queen Helene makes the best and most econmical one out there. A bottle close to a quart costs less than $5.00. I use the lotion daily and the creme when I have a spa day and on my feet for a pedicure (because it is very thick and oily). I find it at Rite Aid here in the states. http://www.queenhelene.com/

Not only has this regimen worked to keep my skin elastic and visually beautiful, but also makes my boyfriend happy because I have the "softest skin he has ever felt."

Hope that helps!