View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 12:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/162/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 62%

I agree with all of the above. I too, buy individually frozen breasts of chicken...usually a 3 pound bag of them. I found a brand of them at walmart (Spring River Farms) that is 5.49 a bag and offers anywhere from 4-5 huge breasts to 6 or 7 moderate ones. I also found that no thawing is required if you cook them on a barbeque! I know, I know...you'd expect it to dry out...but all my friends and family have been amazed too.

Throw them on the barbeque frozen solid...once the top has thawed enough to be wet...add your seasonings. Flip when the underside looks done and then just keep a close eye...I bend them back a bit while cooking to peek inside and when they're done...you'll know. (They wont split at all if still uncooked). I usually cook the whole 3 pounds on the grill which will feed my family a complete dinner (served with salad & starch or bread for them) and still leaves me 2 -3 large pieces for mini-meals (I only need about a third of a piece at a time 4-5 times a day...so my leftovers will last at least 2 days...unless hubby snitches)

Cant beat the price on that and cook time is fast and painless. Straight from the bag to the grill! The only plate you get dirty is the one you put them on when they're done cooking. For whatever reason...the fact that they're cooked on the grill has kept my interest high too...I never get bored of the flavor.