View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-01, 12:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, jpm. I'll take a stab at answering your questions.

Number one -- it depends This is anecdotal -- from friends and board reading -- but some women lose consistently and some women gain the week before and stall the week after. You'll find your own pattern.

Number two -- Am I correct that you're saying you did induction, and then in the week after induction, you added a few carbs and gained? This is also a fairly familiar pattern -- often people gain a bit, or don't lose, in weeks 3 and 4. I think the theory here is that the body has to adjust to the quick weight loss in induction. Atkins experts will know better than I, however.

Number three -- yes! By the end of the second week, I'm usually actively not hungry (I've started and stopped low carb, and other diets several times, and so have a wealth of beginners experience ) The answer I've always gotten -- and it's a good one -- is: force yourself to eat. Put butter on the meat, get the calories up. Eat several small meals. Eat salads and low carb vegetables. Don't get in a rut -- sometimes the lack of hunger is because you can't face one more hamburger. so eat chicken.

Number four -- don't know. But strawberry margaritas are sweet, and if something tastes sweet, my best guess is there are carbs in there

Good luck!