Thread: A+ Blood Type
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 06:47

Plan: VLC/ZC
Stats: 238.6/234.6/150 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Type A typesshould basically stick to fruits and vegetables (high carbs / low fat). They have thicker blood than other blood types, a sensitive immune system, and should not consume dairy products, animal fats and meats. They are at a heightened risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.

Type B typesshould consume a balanced diet (fruits and vegetables, grains, fish, dairy, meat, but avoid chicken). They have the best chance of bypassing or overcoming everyday types of diseases, including heart disease and cancer.

Type AB types should consume a mostly vegetarian diet, and only on rare occasions some fish, meat (no chicken), and dairy.

Type O typesshould basically stick to a high protein diet (including red meat), low carbs, and enriched with fruits and vegetables. They should limit the intake of wheat germ, whole wheat products, corn, and avoid dairy products and most nuts. Type O types are commonly affected with hypothyroidism, high stomach acid (leading to ulcers), and thinner blood with greater resistance to blood clotting.

I'm type AB, and have lost 50lbs on Atkins...
My mother-in-law on the other hand follows this "blood type" diet, and hasn't lost any weight at all. I'd actually say she's gained. She makes my father-in-law follow this diet too... he hasn't lost any weight either. And to top it off, she is sick more often than I am.

I bet you can find pleanty of type A's here who got to their highest weight by eating that prescribed hi-carb/low fat diet. I know where it got me...

IMHO it's bunk.
=)
Cori