View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 00:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

I hated splenda at first. I tried to make my easy peanut butter cookies with it (before I started induction) and they were so awful I had to throw them out. But then I learned that too much is what gives you that aftertaste. Some SF soda's are gross, too sweet with the splenda aftertaste, Atkins pancake syrup is gross with that aftertaste but if I mix things myself and don't overdo then it's fine. The atkins SF syrups for your coffee are good but maybe the bitterness of the coffee helps cancel out the aftertaste. I don't measure it cup for cup for recipes either cuz it's too strong and gives that aftertaste. It defenitely was an aquired taste. The more splenda products I tried that were good, (and believe me I tried a ton prior to doing induction so I'd know what I could fall back on during a craving) the more I found that It had to be the individual recipes and the ratio of splenda in them. Now i've seen it can be done and YUM I can make goodies. I just whipped some whip cream up today and took about 1/4 c of it with a teaspoon of crunchy peanutbutter and about 1/4 t splenda and it tasted just like the inside of a peanutbutter cream pie. YUM. Annie