Thread: Corticosteroids
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 23:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

I take Flovent 110, 2 puffs twice daily. I take serevent morning and evening and singulair every evening as well as clarinex every morning. I also use Rhinocort aqua 2 squirts/each nostril morning and evening. Occasionally when I have a problem which isn't too much lately unless I get sick or have an allergic reaction then I need to use albuterol. I haven't had to be on prednisone in a long time. I've heard that albuterol and serevent mess with your insulin levels. I know that advair is a combo of flovent and serevent cuz I used it for a while but the insurance wouldn't cover it in such a convenient way to take it.
Anyways...I've been on this stuff for well over 2 years and just on flovent for about 4 years, the singulair I've been on for about 3 years. I haven't noticed stalling any times other then my TOM. But I did notice that I put on most of my weight during that time. I believe that the flovent did have an effect over time on my gain. But I also had 4 children in the last 10 years and had a knee surgery and c section which slows your metabolism. So...Hang in there. I've done ok so far, can't say I've been good about drinking my water lately, I think if I had then I would be loosing more. Look at the bright side,,,at least you can breathe and that's the most important thing. When you can't get the oxygen you need then the fatigue sets in and you don't want to exercise anymore. That's when you give in, get tired, and eat cuz there's nothing else you feel like doing. So hang in there. You'll be fine. You're doing the right thing. Annie