Old Sun, May-02-04, 19:31
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink
I think I would like to begin yoga...experienced a little while I was dancing...about 1 1/2 years ago, I took some classes at Gold's gym. Since I am 100 lbs. overweight, I need to start at the very beginning. Does anyone know a beginners video I could use? What type of yoga should I try? I want my old body back. I want to be able to stretch out these horrible pounds that have plagued my body and glide again.

Any ideas ...thoughts on the matter?

Love & Light,
Pink

I used Yoga Journals, "Yoga for Beginners". The DVD has a nice section where each pose is explained and slowly demonstrated.

I used to find Yoga much easier. My arthritis has gotten worse and I've lost a lot of flexibility from my sedentary life. So I am hoping to get it back with this! Of course, the poses are pretty much impossible for me to do as extreme as the instructor, but I just modify it a little.

I also got Yoga AM & PM, but they rush through the poses too quickly. I like the ones where you get into a pose and they talk you through holding it and maximizing the stretch of the pose.