View Single Post
  #78   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 18:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/180/135 Female 66
BF:55/35/25
Progress: 55%
Smile Good Day So Far

I have worked hard all day and am waiting for hubbie to bbq my chicken. I just started reading my e-mail and wanted to respond to them. How do you feel when you are in a group with someone who is heavier or less attractive than you? I know from experience that people like me/them need to be included. I was so afraid of being rejected or put down for my appearance. When I see pople like that/ I was now I try to make eye contact and engage them in conversation. Last summer I was enjoying a picnic with friends and let it slip that I had lost 91 pounds. I got quite a double take. I don't much like the thin and beautiful people I encounter in life. They can be very judgemental and thoughtless. I recently encountered a very large woman in a store and smiled at her. She didn't smile back. I think she tried to pretend it didn't happen. A few minutes later she was telling the clerk she had lost her car keys. I began looking for them with her and we started talking. I asked her what she had been shopping for and she recalled them and found her keys. I think she was surprised by my help and thanked me and smiled back. Smiling really improved her looks. Well I am going to get my dinner now. Thanks for being there. Pam