#8   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 17:18

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbo
Sadly, I got complacent at my weight. I'd gone down to 255 from 294 and I no longer felt like quite the blimp. I remained LC and hoped that I was just in a stall. But like I said, I got complacent!! That was over a year ago!!! Over the past year I've kept my carb count below 50 and remained between 256 and 263, but paid no attention to the calories. I even tried breaking through the stall by going back on induction, but w/ no luck.

Me too! I'll have to check out your links.

In my case, I did a study of my eating and found that I was consuming 2500 to 3000 calories a day. I decided to drop to between 1600 and 1800 with a cap of 2000 and in just over a week I've dropped 6.7 pounds. I'd been stalled for close to two years although I had continued to be a really good low-carber all the time and continued to feel great. Now I'm still low-carbing, I'm just also watching my calories. When I get where I need to go, I'll go back to simply low-carbing for the rest of my life. And if my weight creeps, I'll cut the calories for a while to get back on track. It's surely a lot more doable than low-fat/low-cal ever was.

Addendum: I just went to the site and did the calculation. It's interesting. At my current weight with light activity I should be consuming 2296 calories. At my recorded goal weight (not necessarily where I'll wind up), I should be consuming 1896. So, apparently, my current calorie goals should get me where I want to be. It will be interesting to see how it goes.