View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 15:15
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Had a good BFL week. I've gotten up to 120 lbs. x6 on the leg press, which is truly hilarious considering that it's near impossible for me to lift the weights to put them on the machine, lol. Finally figured out how to do those lateral shoulder raises, and rigged up a device so I can do squats with a ball while holding onto weights jerry rigged with resistance bands (if I attempt squats any other way I fall on my face) . And my attempts at lunges are still a source of amusement for most of the gym. On a positive note, a kind trainer showed me how to do calves with a Smith device so I don't have to shlep the free weights over to the stairs. Upper body is still pitifully weak although my biceps are getting a teeny muscle. Hips are way slimming down, but no movement whatsoever on my thick waist

HIIT is still iffy. I've been doing a lot of cardio--more than BFL recommends--but at a moderate intensity. Once a week I try the 20 MAS, which sometimes ends up being the 15 MAS.

Eating has been very good. I love this six small meals a day routine, since I'm a natural born snacker, lol. Finally got a handle on how many calories to eat and on what to do about free day. Do you all know about Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle? It's an ebook by Tom Venuto. He thinks highly of BFL, except urges some modifications depending on body type, etc. Anyway, he also recommends eating at TDEE-15% for 3 days and then eating at exactly TDEE for a day (rinse and repeat ). So I'm doing that instead of those free for all free days. I'll let you know how it works.