#6   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 15:01
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 294/220/210 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

With regard to counting calories, my vote would have to be "yes."

Sadly, I got complacent at my weight. I'd gone down to 255 from 294 and I no longer felt like quite the blimp. I remained LC and hoped that I was just in a stall. But like I said, I got complacent!! That was over a year ago!!! Over the past year I've kept my carb count below 50 and remained between 256 and 263, but paid no attention to the calories. I even tried breaking through the stall by going back on induction, but w/ no luck.

Last week I went to my doctor -- she suggested breaking through my stall with restricted caloric intake. AND, she decided to help me out with appetite control by prescribing a month's worth of Phentermine.

Well, that was five days ago and I've already lost six pounds--finally breaking past that 255 barrier.

YEAH!!!

For someone at my age/height/weight, I should be taking in 2900 to 3600 calories per day just to maintain my weight (depending on my activity level). (NOTE: For help figuring this out, I went to http://www.annecollins.com/calories...e-needs-men.htm. Women can go to http://www.annecollins.com/calories...needs-women.htm)

Doc and I agreed that I should eat less than 1500 calories a day for the first week and increase my exercise. I've done both and boy, the pants and shirts feel looser already!

On Tuesday this week I'll kick up to 2000 cals/day, and maintain that until I reach goal. I'll probably keep my carbs down below 25 until goal, too.

After a year of being complacent in my stall, I'm THRILLED to be losing again.

(Although my wife's and my trip to Hawai'i in October is "somewhat" of a motivation!!!)

On a positive note, staying so close to one weight for a year is the first time I've done that in my 43 years ... so I will affirm that the LC WOE is the only way for me from now on. Once I reach goal, I believe I can stay at goal if I remain LC -- and that's hope that I now have that I did not have a year ago.