View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-01, 20:42

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

Hoo, boy, Lessara, sounds like we're in the same boat. My 15 yr old son is more like me, overweight and ha s even worse eating habits. My 17 yr old. is muscular, slim. My hubby has weight problems, but not so bad, didn't tolerate LC well when he tried it, so tries the old lo-fat, lo-cal stuff.

I feel so much for my 15 yr. old. We can't really get all the carbs out of the house, cause thats what the other two eat. BUT, we HAVE gotten the junk ( potato chips, corn chips, sugary stuff, pizza, nachos) out because they're not on ANYBODY'S 'diet'.

I believe you said you're a single mom -- (correct me if I'm wrong here)-- this, to me may be the perfect oportunity for you to clean out your house of the stuff you consider junk. Sure, your kids, esp the teenager, can sneak stuff, but meals andpacked lunches could be up to you, mostly.

I'm not so dumb as to think that my son isn't going to go to the movies with his friends and have milk duds behind my back, but if I can clean up MOST of his eating, it's got to have a positive effect.

Have around the LC things that they like and they won't have a choice but to eat those wheen they're home. What they do when they're out -- just do the best you can to teach them, like you teach them everything else in life. It's all you can do.

Good luck to both (all) of us----

AND THANK YOU AGAIN WA'IL, FROM US MOMS!!