View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 22:46

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Can someone help me pick out a good exercise routine??

So I promised myself that after I got back from Thanksgiving, I would begin an intense workout regime b/c 18 days later I'm leaving for the Bahamas. I know, I know I should exercise anyway and that 18 days is a short time, but whatever...
So far I have lost weight, so I can admit it, I didn't feel the need to exercise, but I'm sure that won't last and I thought toning and trimming would be a good idea before I put a bathing suit on

Alright...I know there are some rules to working out, but I don't know what they are. For example, isn't there some thing that says you shouldn't do the smae exercises everyday, etc.

So what I would like to know is...

1. Is the more cardio I do better? I was thinking 6 days a week, for about 30 mins??? on a treadmill (high intensity, and no incline)

2. Now this is were I am clueless...what about toning/sculpting. I really want my thighs to firm up a bit so...should I do them everyday? I was thinking after I do the cardio, I would alternate an area for each day (arms, chest, back, stomach, thighs (does that include the butt, or are there other exercises for that?), and calves - that's everything, right?) Could I do thighs each day, or is that not good?

Also, I heard (there's a lot I've "heard") that if you do 100 situps/day that's the climax of effectiveness (anymore, won't do anything) - is that true?

Lastly, I know I can find some good exercises for each part of my bod, but how many sets of each? I was thinking 4 sets of 12??

I know this is a lot if Q's but I want to design a very structured plan...

Thanks,
Erin
Sponsored Links