#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 23:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/166/154
BF:
Progress: 73%
Unhappy Desperate

Hi - I am a desperate Australian!

I am new to this forum but not new to Atkins. I first tried the diet about a year ago and it was great! I lost 12 pounds just on induction and was heading for my goal weight when Christmas struck, and you know the rest. So all year I have been on/off low- carbing, but never really getting serious - especially with alcohol. It got to the point though that my lapses put all the weight back on plus more. So a month ago I got serious again. I got back on induction - totally strict - was in ketosis within a few days, and have stayed moderately pink since. Now to my problem - I'm not losing! I have been going up and down the entire time - 1 pound off, 1 or 2 back on, 1 pound off etc etc, all within a 6 pound range. I did lose a couple of inches off all over the first couple of weeks, but that has now ceased also. I am exercising, drinking more than 2 litres a day and totally sticking to the diet just like the 1st time. Have I stuffed my metabolism up by doing things by halves during the year? I am about to have a big glass of red wine so please help me!!!
Sponsored Links