View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 17:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/163/143 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Default Listen

I have been there and I am there again right now. It get worse with menopause and also certain medications make it hard to keep losing. Remember how long it took you to put on the weight. Give it a chance. From what I can see you are taking in too many calories and too many carbs. Induction on Atkins is way below 20 carbs. Actually it's very very low only salad and some sugar free jello with heavy whipping cream. You have to watch the calories even when something is low carb. You can eat low carb bread (3 net grams) but it has 140 calories a slice! Like me you have to watch very carefully. Watch the sugar content in any food you eat; it's a definite no-no. I am extremely sensitive to sugar and most sugar free products except something with Splenda in it. Other sugar free products can actually make you gain weight. Atkins explains it in his books. Stay away from any sweetner unless it's Splenda and watch the Sugar Free candies for the same problem. Get the ones that are basically hard candy with Splenda and low calories. It should help. You can also do what Atkins recommended when your metabolism is stubborn. Eat cream cheese and macodamene nuts(excuse the horrible spelling). That will help a bit but don't overdo it with the macs and cream cheese. Very high in calories. Keep in touch. I'm 55 and in very good shape, very muscular but I would be considered overweight since I'm 5'3 and 163 now. People say I don't look it b/c I carry myself well. But I need to get back to 143 and I'm on my way. Good luck.