#1   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 11:26
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default unsupportive household

Mainly my mom...for example my cousin weighed easily close to 300 lbs and lost a ton on Atkins. She looked great, exept for she was literally swimming in her skin! She would have been a size 12 but she had to wear 16s because of all the baggage. Anyway my mom saw her recently and said she had gained most of it back. We were talking about why she might have done this, and my theory was that my cousin was depressed that despite losing half her body weight, she still looked fat. My mom said that it was probably that she couldn't stick to such a restricted diet, "I mean all that time not eating carbs...she probably got sick of it". Numerous times I have explained to my mother HOW Atkins works, that even on the most restrictive levels you eat carbs, and that as you move towards the third and 4th stages of it, you may not even realize that the person is on Atkins, you'll just think they eat really healthy because they are eating fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc etc. I told her that after reachng thier goal, some people can even eat 150g of carbs a day which is half what the average American eats (but the average American eats most of their carbs in refined flours and sugars). I don't know if I went into how there is not even a daily requirement in human beings for carbs and that your body makes the glucose it needs from the food you put in. Anytime she sees me eating something she goes "you can eat those??" and I have to educate her about how yes, mom, I can eat strawberries. Tonight is my birthday dinner and we're going out to eat mexican, and I told her I was getting a taco salad sans beans/taco shell. She was like "and you aren't even going to eat real food on your birthday?!"
She is on Weight Watchers. She isn't fat, never really was fat, but kinda had a chunk, like me. She just thinks her way is the best. I can't get any respect, but at least my dad leaves my food alone. Anyone else live with morons?
Sponsored Links