Old Sat, May-01-04, 10:58
Registered Member

Plan: carnivorous?
Stats: 212/204/190 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default More

loCarbJ
Thanks for the input. I am trying to burn body fat (mostly) right now and use weight training to stave off muscle catabolism as much as possible. I alternate weights with cardio during the week, although even my cardio has a weight component as I use a 20-40# weight vest, depending on that days workout.

There are lots of different definitions of low carb these days, for me it means keeping carb content below 25% of calories, which I've read is the threshold for fat adaptation. I usually have no problem with this, coming in between 9-12% carbs each day (this equates to 50-100gms of carbs).

The great thing about low carb, for me at least, is satiety. I am eating around 2000-25000 kc a day, in three meals but have no desire for snacks or junk food. I've tried vegetarian diets, mixed diets (low fat high protein, etc) and eventually end up eating all day long on any but the low carb. Since my main goal right now is fat burning, I believe keeping calories low is the key to my success (9 lbs in just over a month, 2% BF drop).

Thanks again for your comments.
AL