View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 10:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/197.0/160 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Who/knows/or cares
Progress: 14%

I'm curious. What does everybody consider their minimum?

Having read the sections on stalls, it's considered a bad thing to go really low in calories. While I agree in theory about the calorie deficit and exercising to get rid of pounds I can tell you right now that it doesn't work for everybody self included.

Am I right in thinking that the deficit is the difference between calories expended through daily living and exercising and your dietary intake? If so I probably should have seen the weight flying off me by now. I should have been losing a pound every two days instead of seeing myself lose a pound every 10 days.

I finally dropped major weight this week and I think its because I upped my fat ratio. I went on a two day fat fast - 74% fat - 1000 calories. I then raised the calories but keep the fat high but still lost weight. I've had my calories very low and never lost much so who knows? I'm going to try the calorie staggering but try and keep the fat high, see what happens.

One thing I've learned from reading all these posts is that everyone is different. What works for one doesn't always work for another. I guess you have to play around until you find out what works and if you can't figure out what works.........................well you just pray extra hard for guidence from up above I guess.

Oh yeah (steps off soapbox) I use a scale for portion control and a measuring cup. I very rarely eat anything unless its been weighed. Then I scarf down what's on my plate with no qualms.