View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 18:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%
Thumbs up Great thread!

My motivation is simply....staying alive. I was literally killing myself with my lifestyle, eating nothing but carbs, carbs, carbs. My cholesterol was up, BP was up, and most obviously my weight was up. All that plus being a smoker and living a very sedentary life, I was just asking for a heart attack or stroke. Not to mention that that stuff runs in my family too. I felt so horrible all the time, and couldn't figure out what was causing it. No matter what I did I couldn't lose weight and get healthy. FINALLY the light dawned and I began looking more into lowcarb diets, and have been so amazed by the results and how I feel now. I'll never go back to that old way of eating, never!

Whoever said they used to put themselves so low on the priority list, all I can say is AMEN! I used to do the same thing too, and since I've changed my eating habits, I find myself treating myself more kindly and actually caring about myself. Strange side effect, but it's true.

And of course there's a wee bit of motivation in looking better and fitting into smaller clothes too. -- Okay, there's ALOT of motivation in that....LOL. :-)

Wendy
Sponsored Links