View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 07:23
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

1) I changed the brand of ranch dressing I used saving about 80 calories, but having the same number of carbs (though it costs more than the store brand ).

2) I weigh my food now, and have been decreasing my portion sizes gradually but steadily. Note I only worry about the few items that have the most calories (the ranch dressing, cheese, CarbSmart ice cream, but not the broccoli, salad greens, tomatoes, etc).

3) I used to eat however large the portion I was served at lunch time (I have two fajita burritos without tortillas every day), but no more. I weigh it and actually throw away food now!

4) After nine months of lc'ing, I started tracking my calories both eaten and burned so now I know my calorie deficit. Dividing my deficit by 3500 you get how many pound of fat you should have lost. Well, I've been doing this for a month now and the calculated weight loss versus the actual weight loss really does line up! Check out this plot...

And the end result is that my weight loss has accelerated!! If you are having trouble stalling, then I HIGHLY recommend you start tracking your calories and find out if your calorie deficit is what you think it should be!!