Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:34
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie9
i know atkins says calories are not really an issue, but i know that that many is not conducive to weight loss.

They are an issue for many of us. Quite a few of us didn't lose weight on Atkins until we started dropping our calories.

I think the key to getting variety and not getting bored is to do a bit of cooking. There are some very easy recipes in the recipe forum. What I generally do is try to do all my cooking on the weekend and freeze stuff. Or I eat really huge salads for a meal.

I also suggest, after you finish induction and get your blood sugar and cravings squared away, that you might want to try some of the low carb cereals. There's a couple at Trader Joe's I like, and Keto Hot Banana Nut is really good. Also, I find a bit of SF peanut butter really staves off the hungries in the morning.

Low carb bread is a good one too. I often make sandwiches from cream cheese, bacon and low carb bread.

Salads are a staple in my diet. I often get precooked chicken meat from Trader Joes. It's called "Just Chicken". I rip it up into some good, pre-washed greens (spinach, mixed spring greens). I add a good salad dressing, cheese and a very small handful of toasted pecans or walnuts or sunflower seeds. And I'm pretty happy with that for a meal.

I'd suggest that if you aren't losing weight you slowly lower your calories. You don't want to be hungry otherwise you might set yourself up for binging.

I'm eating about 30g of carbs a day, keeping my calories around 1200-1400 and I'm losing a pound or so a week. Before I lowered my calories I was stalled for 8 months.