#8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 09:30
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/175.5/145 Male 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Pandora23,
Your post brings back memories of my relationship with food. I thought of nothing else and could never leave food on my plate, in the bag, etc... I was constantly hungry and never satisfied. I was thinking of my next meal before I was done with the one I was eating.

Atkins has helped me learn what works for me over the last year. It has taken a long time of experimenting and also learning from this chat site.
1. I drink water all day long.
2. I take vitamins.
3. I exercise every single day.
4. Every day my total food intake is 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbohydrates (I use fitday.com to get the calculations).
5. I count calories and eat only my Basal Rate (can be calculated on fitday.com - Note:it also changes as one loses weight).
6. I don't eat sugar alcohols because my body treats them as carbs and I get ravenous for food. It took me about 6 months to face up to the addiction and give them up but once I did my life became so calm because food was no longer controlling me. If I want something sweet I drink Diet Rite or a little heavy whipping cream with some Sugar free Davinchi syrup.

Keep experimenting to find what works for you and good luck.