#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 07:06
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%
Default Switching from Atkins to SBD

I've been on Atkins since the beginning of March and have lost 6 pounds. Granted, I'm a very slow loser, so that's not really the issue. Two things have happened over the last week that made me think about switching. First of all, when I stayed between 20-30 carbs per day, I felt horrible. I mean, I had fatigue so bad that I could hardly get off the couch. One day I walked 35 minutes on my treadmill, and by that afternoon, I was so drained that I could hardly move (and exercise usually energizes me). Secondly, I got my cholesterol tested this week, and for the first time in my life, it was high. My doctor was supportive when I told him I was on Atkins, but he also said "let's see what the numbers show." He encouraged me to reduce the sat. fat for 2 months and run the numbers again. I know sat. fat isn't supposed to be an issue, but I'm concerned about it. Has anybody else had a similar experience?? Since I upped my carbs some, my energy has come back up and I feel so much better. Anyway, I guess it's worth a try!
Sponsored Links