View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 06:50
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Starting an exercise program is tough... they say that for it to become a habit you need to set a consisten exercise program and stick with it for three weeks (minimum) for it to become a habit. I've never been a big fan of working out but since I started my BFL program I've become addicted to working out and when I don't I actually miss it!

Sis is right about the fat/muscle thing. Muscles burn more caloires than fat so when you start building up muscle the body will start to burn off some of those excess calories (fat) that are stored in your body. Don't forget that muscle also takes up less space than fat - one pound of muscle is a half to two-thirds the size of one pound of fat. So that workout that is building muscle can make you look lean and mean...

The bad news... unfortunately you cannot spot reduce fat from a specific area. The good news... that fat will come off all over and if you are working on building muscle in a specific area that you will begin to see the muscle tone when the fat begins to roll off. (I didn't beleive this myself until I saw it on my own body!)

If you want to tone your middle the best thing to do is sit-ups, crunches and oblique exercises to get those muscles in tone. I couldn't do more than 20 when I started either. Start small and work your way up.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll succeed!
Kiks