Thread: coffee
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 05:33

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

I'm on Protein Power, and still drink 2 cups in the morning. I used to drink coffee all day at work, but I don't have the taste for it anymore. I'm managing 4 bottles of water at work now instead.

Funny thing is that I actually PREFER the water as long as it is at room temperature. When I switched from drinking ice cold water to room temp, I found it so much easier to consume not only 8 glasses, but usually 10 a day.

I'm also finding that cigarettes just don't taste the same either, and have cut back. This is exactly what I was hoping would happen...get control of my eating, then be disciplined enough to kick another nasty habit, although I expect that when "quit day" comes, the cravings will be more difficult to deal with. This is definitely a way of life change for for me..not just a quick fix. That means losing other bad habits too. I want to be healthy enough to enjoy my retirement which is already visible over the horizon!

I haven't had a problem with discipline at all with PP. Bread was my undoing. Now I look at the word bread and all I see are the letters b--ad