#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 01:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 254/216/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default help with restarting atkins, calories, breakfast

okay, so here's the deal. started atkins last year. did induction faithfully for 3 months. i am talking NO cheating here. got extremely bored with the food and kinda went off the wagon, but not to an extreme. lately i've been trying to get back on track to a strict induction. it's been hard. i need variety. when i get bored and frustrated i start taking little non-atkins nibbles here and there and it adds up.

so...my main problems right now are my menu and keeping it varied, calories, and breakfast. i have to keep things pretty simple because i hate to cook and try to do it as little as possible. i throw something in a pan, add salt and pepper and that is IT. no fancy recipes, sauces, seasonings, cooking utensils, frills, or excessive chopping please. i am a simple gal. who can't cook.

so now on to calories and breakfast...since i've started being stricter with what i eat, i'm finding that my calorie count is WAY up. like 2000-3000 calories. this is not good. i know atkins says calories are not really an issue, but i know that that many is not conducive to weight loss. and i actually haven't been losing very well. i do exercise 5-6 times a week, drink 6-9 liters of water a day, take my vitamins, and eat LOTS of veggies. i actually eat way more than 3 cups a day, for various reasons.

i think most of it has to do with what i've been eating for breakfast lately. 2-3 eggs, sausage, and bacon. that's a lot, i know. but i've made a few recent discoveries:

firstly, breakfast is my most hated meal. i've never been a big breakfast eater and still have to wait a couple hours after waking up to eat or i get nauseous. AND unless i eat a very big, hearty breakfast, i will be STARVING an hour later. i mean starving to the point where i feel light-headed and sick from low blood sugar. i almost passed out in class numerous times. so eating one mock danish or a couple of hard-boiled eggs does not work for me. i need food! so i solved the problem by eating a bigger breakfast (added one egg and bacon to my meal). it seems to have skyrocketed my calorie count though. so i need alternative easy, quick, filling breakfast ideas that aren't so high in calories...

any ideas on any of that?
Sponsored Links