View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 12:13

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%
Default Why am I gaining 4 weeks into......

Why am I gaining 4 weeks into the induction of Atkins. I've done Atkins three times previously (1. 16lbs 2. 32lbs 3. 11lbs) but never in my opinion took it seriously enough. Now when I am finally taking it seriously as a WOL I'm finding it nearly impossible to lose weight. I've only lost 8.5lbs in the last 4 weeks and that's my FIRST 4 WEEKS. What the hell. By now I've usually lost about 16lbs and haven't worked even half as hard as I am this time. I don't cheat, I drink nothing but water (at least 3-4 liters a day), one cup of coffee and I walk the stairs at work (haven't taken the elevator for 3 and 1/2 weeks now) and go for a 30-40 minute walk at lunch. So......what the hell is going on? For a minute there I was actually even gaining weight......went slowly from 197 to 201 f***cking b**tch. It's gotten me really down and my fiancee in his well meaning way makes it worse sometimes by saying I'm being too hard on myself and that just irritates and frustrates me more 'cause I know I'm not and I know I should be seeing better results. To resolve the issue I went over what I've done differently this time than the others.......

1. been eating a lot of sugar free candy (so I cut that out)

2. been drinking nothin but water

3. been eating a lot of pepperoni (in the process of cutting that down)

4. been walking the stairs and at lunch time and moving a lot more period (could account for some of the slow weightloss.....lose fat, gain muscle and muscle weighs more)

5. haven't been cheating "at all" mother effer!!!

So, I've laid it out.............hellllllllllllllllllp!! What am I doing wrong? Right now I'm averaging per day about 103g of fat a day, 20g of carbs and about 1572 calories. Is it too much fat? I need to look back in my last year food record to see what I really did differently as far as numbers. If you have any suggestion, please provide I'm all ears. I'm so into it now and determined to get the real me out in the open that I can't even think of giving up. I'm so gung ho I've suprised myself. Last night I was so depressed that I ate about 1/2 a cup of Ivy's leftover lo mein noodles and about 1/2 cup of strawberry ice cream with hershey's syrup. The reason I only ate 1/2 cup of the noodles was because after 2 bites they started tasting really crappy and the ice cream just wasn't doing anything for me. In other words I found that even if I did want to stop the diet (which I don't) I can't because that food is just not doing anything for me anymore. That makes me feel good and gives me hope for the future. I'm praying that I'm just in some kind of a rut and I'll soon break free and really start losing weight. I feel like I'm stuck in someone else's body these days and I can't wait to get out. It's just not me anymore, this body isn't mine it's some other messed up girl's that's not me anymore. Can anyone help me get out?

On top of all of that I finally got down to 197 only to get on the scale this am and weigh 197.......ten minutes later 198.....20 minutes later 200. At this point I don't know if my scale is broken or if I'm broken and it's got me simply brokenhearted. How does someone gain 3 lbs in 30 minutes???

My Fitday info is below for anyone who wants to take a peep.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Poisinivy
Sponsored Links