Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog
Hi all,

Other than that, I have stayed below 20 carbs--sometimes way below. I am in my early 50s. I have only lost 7 lbs and am losing hope. I bought ketostix and it does not seem that I am in ketosis although i have only tried this twice (in the morning before a meal).

Hi dog...not everyone shows ketosis...even if they're burning fat. Fitday.com is a free website where you can post what you eat. Do that for 2 weeks then post here again. You would be AMAZED at what some of the people here can do with detailed information. If your portions are too small..your body goes into starvation mode and trys to keep EVERYTHING you eat. You also have to make sure you're getting enough fat. Yes I know, others have lost anyway....but it DOES vary person to person and the people here will have some good feedback if you give them very good information on EXACTLY what you are eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog
I have 1/3 to 1/2 of a 2 to 4 carblow carb bar. I don't snack between meals and my portions are modest.
Dog

Do you read the actual nutrition label? Most of those bars have a TON of sugar alcohol in them. Heck, in my 3rd week I was stalling out from 4 or 5 pieces of sugar free gum (which had 2g sugar alcohols per piece). Do NOT trust the net carb count.

The more information you give, the more you'll get back. Don't hang up those LC shoes yet dog......you're doing the right thing asking the questions.

2 other things...

1) if you haven't "measured" yourself, do so, many people lose fat without losing weight (trading muscle for fat).
2) you don't mention exercise....it's real simple, you gotta burn more carbs than you're taking in

Here is a post I made for newbies...you're not one, but it may help anyway.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175492

Go get that info!! Good post!!