View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 20:27

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

You know, if Atkins is going to be a way of life.. I would now lay out the ground rules for yourself that you can follow for life. For me personally, I would rather have celebration meals for my birthday and anniversaries than on actual holidays. I find Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and other holidays like that aren't so hard to stay on plan with. There are so many legal foods on the table it just isn't a temptation for me. I think everyone should have at least a day or two a year that they can look forward to having something special on. I'm not suggesting going and eating so much that you make yourself sick trying to make up for lost time. But to have a meal you enjoy is NOT a crime. But now that you are in the early stages of Atkins, it's a perfect time to decide that yes.. you will have celebration meals on _____, _____, _______ dates. You can then look forward to those times and knowing that you have future plans for that special meal might help you to stay on track in the meantime. I know on my birthdays I have cream puffs. I dont have them any other time of year but sometimes I pass by the freezer section and think.. nah, I only have a couple months to go before that treat. Anyways whatever you do, don't feel guilty for your decision. Just make sure you have fully considered it before going ahead with it. Once you make your choice enjoy it!

Jenn