#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 16:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/172/145 Male 5'4 1/2 ''
BF:
Progress:
Default New member-having difficulty

Hi all,

I am new here. I have been following the induction phase of the Atkins diet for about 2 mos. I started at 181 lbs and looking to get down to at least 145. I don't cheat. I have only had one night a month ago when I had a small amout of rice and 1 glass of wine at an event that I attended. Other than that, I have stayed below 20 carbs--sometimes way below. I am in my early 50s. I have only lost 7 lbs and am losing hope. I bought ketostix and it does not seem that I am in ketosis although i have only tried this twice (in the morning before a meal). I find I get hungry sometimes since I am not interested in eating tons of just plain meat and veggies have carbs. I use 2 actual teaspoons of splenda in my 2 cups of morning coffee and 4 tsp of heavy whipping cream. I have 1/3 to 1/2 of a 2 to 4 carblow carb bar. I don't snack between meals and my portions are modest. I have not lost a lb in weeks. has anyone had these kind of results. My spouse lost 20 lbs in the same amout of time as me and 2 of my friends (middle aged and male and female) lost 20 lbs plus (each) on the South Beach Diet.

I guess my metabolic resistance must be high. I don't think I could handle the fat fast though. Any suggestions folks before I loose total hope.

I was on the Carb Addics diet for a long time too. Lost 20 lbs and couldn't loose more so i gave up. I gained that all back then tried again, lost a bit more and then started Atkins.

Thanks.
Dog
Sponsored Links