#3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 14:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/147/125 Female 5 ft 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default everyone is different

This WOE is different for everyone as is any other. I personally cannot lose weight eating lowfat high carb. I have tried this hardly eating anything and only stayed at that weight without losing.

I have found that I am hypogylcemic which plays a role in what I can eat and can't eat. This WOE works for me, but I do have to also watch calorie intake and exercise in order to lose weight.

In the past I have starved myself and yo yo dieted so I am sure I have screwed up my metabolism. When I was in my 20's I could take off 10 lbs in a week. Now it looks like its going to be 3 lbs at the most. My calorie intake cannot be over 1400 or I stall or gain. Just the way I am but I am also only 5'2", so 10 lbs gone on me makes a big difference.

Some people here have much to lose some have alot less. I think if you have more to lose you can consume more calories at the begining but as you reach goal I bet people consume less calories. I haven't looked at too many journals yet or fitday journals but it makes sense. On the other hand, if you are excersising and didn't excersise before this WOE then you are increasing your metabolism and you could eat more calories, because you burn more.

This will be an interesting thread to keep an eye on.

I can't wait to read the rest of the threads on this.