View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 14:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Is There Really a Metabolic Advantage?

I know this has bound to of been discussed many times before here, but I am new to this forum and haven't read much here on it.

The book says that there is a metabolic advantage to eating a diet high in fat and low in carbs, but many here advocate a calorie restricted diet, meaning eating fewer calories a day than the body uses.

Doesn't it being calorie restricted make it like any other diet where you have to eat fewer calories in order to lose weight?....or do ones who restrict their calories feel that they lose more eating a low carb/high fat 1500 calories verses a low fat/high carb 1500 calories?

I realize that there is also the advantage here of this WOE decreasing the appetite and making it easier to take in fewer calories and this is important, but I just want to know if anyone here feels that this WOE allows them to take in more calories than other diets while still losing weight.

I hope everyone can understand what I am asking here, its not that easy putting it in words....I am just a few days past Induction, but still staying at Induction level for now and I am trying to decide what things to try to maximize my own weight loss.

On fitday, my own fat percentages for the day have been 77-84%....carbs around 3% and the rest protein....my calories between 1400-2400.
Sponsored Links