View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 13:44

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%
Default It definately gets better....

I've recently begun Atkins again, 4/8/04 to be exact, and unlike my previous attempt began drinking the water in earnest. I don't profess to be a doctor and wouldn't even try to elaborate on the arythmia (sp?) but I do know that the water flushes your kidneys, as well as everything else, which on Atkins in very necessary due to the increase in protien we eat which has a tendency to "lodge itself" so to speak, in your kidneys. So healthwise........your kidneys really need it. Otherwise it has many other benefits:
1. eat a healthy portioned meal (less than what you might think will fill you) and then follow it up afterwards with a glass or two of water....viola!!! you're all full
2. want beautiful skin that glows, cheeks that are rosy and bright......drink that water and blush, foundation and such will become a thing of the past
3. drink small amounts throughout the day at you're perferred temperature and you'll be amazed at how quickly you reach your personal water goal
4. remember all goals should be catered to you personally, what's good for one may be bad for another
This is all to say.....I too was not a water drinker. Some of the complaints fit me to a tee "it makes me feel sick to my stomach", it just tastes bad, etc. But I have to admit that by the 3rd week it had already become a habit and now I prefer it and like it. I drink an 8oz bottle on the way to and from the office and 1 1/2 to 2 1.5 Liter bottles at work and anywhere from 1-5 glasses at home. Not everyone can handle the same amount I'm sure and I don't think anyone should attempt to mimic what's an acceptable goal for someone else.
Funny, I used to have this low carb drink I loved from 7eleven that tasted liked slightly flavored water......I tried it again last week and couldn't even finish it, it was so sweet and strong in flavor. Now when I'm thirsty, I'm thirsty for water, nothing else works and I don't have a desire for anything else. I do still run to the bathroom quite often and there's never an evening that I'm not doing the pee-pee dance with my daughter as we wait in our elevator to get to the 8th floor.......but I'm adjusting.