View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Adkin's
Stats: 252/236/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thank you all for your encouragement and advice.....

I agree, you have to do all you can to stay in control, even in the stressful times. That's one of the reasons I brought this up. To suggest to people to have a plan for bad times. You can't foresee every problem, but you can make general plans to help yourself through it. It's a whole lot easier to do so before a disaster strikes than in the middle of it when you might not be thinking clearly.

I also meant to point out that just because you can't follow your specific plan 100%, even for an extended period of time (meaning several weeks, not one binge night), not to beat yourself up over it so bad that you end up going crazy and eating anything and everything and just giving up. Been there done that, this time I was able to keep that from happening.

I think I might follow induction level for about 3 days and see what happens. I know from two past experiences that the first 3 days were the worst for me. If I ate enough of the wrong things to set my cravings going again, I'll continue on for the rest of the two weeks to detox. If I make it thru the 3 days with no real trouble, then I might try going back to the level of carbs I was doing well at before this all happened.....

nikkil - An excellent mantra. I never really thought of it like that before. And yes, that might have helped me a lot when all I was feeling most of the time was helpless. Scared and angry a lot too, but mostly helpless. I'll remember that because I'm sure even though he's going to make it thru, there's still going to be some hard times to deal with yet. Thank you!

Picaboo - A agree with you mostly, but to me an excuse is something someone comes up with time after time for making the same mistakes over and over. I do believe there are REASONS (not yelling, just trying to emphasize) people stumble. The difference, to me, lies in whether or not you learn from your stumble, and not do the same thing again.

I think I did learn. I was not trying to make excuses, but point out that I made it thru it alright and did not let it make me give up. I did that once before and it took me almost a year to get back to eating right. In the mean time I gained about 30 more pounds. I didn't let that happen this time. Next time, with some new plans that I thought of from this experience, hopefully I won't go off plan at all.....

I'm so glad to get back to this forum. I had never made a habit of posting much. I seldom had anything to add that someone else didn't already say. But I spent a lot of time reading, and learning here. This forum, and all you here, are one of the reasons I'm doing as well as I am. Thank you. And I'm sorry this is kinda long...... That's the other reason I don't post a lot, I'm pretty yakky....

Laura