View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 08:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/gastric bypass
Stats: 278/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I hit a stall once and was totally ticked at my body. I had called a weight trainer. He said when your body gets used to the same amt of calories/carbs AND exercise, It adjusts to use only that amount. He said the trick is keep changing the amount. If you've been on 20 Carbs for 6 weeks, 25 might help. He said also you do not have to increase the time spent on exercise just the intensity and add weight resistance. So I speeded up my intensity and added a short work out video with small weight and WALLA, Scale moved the same day. I had also been eating the same thing because I frankly was too lazy to figure out what I wanted. Now I vary my meals. I eat between 20-28 carbs a day. SOme days I eat 30-35 and sometimes the scale will go up a lb BUT the next week I drop below what I was. He said the body is like a machine that will burn and use what you give it. If you deny it fuel, it simply becomes more efficient!, Great Huh? Also Make sure you are getting at least 64OZ of water a day. I did a post on "sick of water" recently. I got lots of good ideas into getting all my water in. I still struggle with it. Sugar Alcohols and Aspertame stop me dead in my tracks, watch for these ingredients especially in all LC foods or breads. Finally you are close to goal. My weekly weight loss has slowed to about .5 to 1lb a week now myself, down from 2-3. It happens. Congrads on your success!