Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 06:35
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBP
Even mustering the courage to ask my beautiful lady to marry me. Twas the greatest absolution when she said yes.

TBP~ Congratulations!!!!

Lori~
I wouldn't say I was a people pleaser, but, upon further investigation, perhaps I am. I am always the one to visit my friends, they rarely visit me, I always bring most of the snacks like to football games, when we have a family gathering I always plan the menu and bring most of it, I do not live with my boyfriend (of 6 years) but we spend most of our time at his house, because it is more convenient for him and I often allow chores and responsibilites of my own slip so that I can do something that someone else wants or needs me to do with them. I could go on for hours...

But I always thought that made me nice, easy to get along with, a good friend and accomodating. OR...Perhaps that was my way of dealing with being over weight, if I did all of those things, people would like me more. I was valuable if I provided all of those services. I was wanted and needed because I could be counted on.

I don't know, too deep for me this early in the morning. I do not think I have been harmed by my actions and I do not think I intend to change with weight loss. I'm not a doormat or anything, I just like to be nice to those who love me and whom I care about.

I read once somewhere that there are about six catagories of people and how they show others their love. Some folks say it all the time. Some folks buy people that they love stuff. Some provide services for the people they love (me). Some folks let their loved one make all the decisions, turn over control. Etc... I can't remember them all, but I know which one I am.

Sorry if I've gone on too long.