#10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 14:36
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/neanderthin
Stats: 115/?/? Female 5'3"
BF:25%
Progress:
Lightbulb

since i've recently switched over, i have been trying find innovative, not boring, and delicious ways to please my palate with produce. since cold salad with cold dressing hasn't sounded good to me lately, i've developed a warm version, or a heated dressing that i pour on cold salad greens. what i do is this:

I take a bowl of fresh baby spinach, sliced green onion, sliced mushrooms, and sliced radishes for myself and set aside.
In a pot or pan, I heat a bit of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) to suit my taste, usually 1-2 tablespoons. I saute some garlic and red pepper and black pepper flakes in oil, add some sliced crunchier veggies, like sliced celery or squash, and saute a minute. i then add some lemon juice and a bit of water to mild it out, and season to taste. once the hot dressing is yummy, i quickly pour it all over my bowl of raw spinach, toss it up, and then bon appetite!
i eat this with any type of protein. today i had this with seasoned chicken tenders that i sauteed in EVOO and it was devine! a made some extra hot dressing and poured it over the chicken, too -

i love this and have been eating it almost every other meal