View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 12:58

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

My best advice is to plan ahead. If you're like me this might seem very hard to do, but planning actually makes things easier. I cook some veggieson sunday to take to lunch during the week. Get some tuna in the pouch, there's new flavored ones with ZERO carbs. My fav is the hickory smoked flavor. I pack everything at nite and put it in a bag in the fridge. Next morning I grab and go...and I leave the house at 6:15 am..sometimes earlier. Needless to say I'm not quite coherent at that time so this is a real lifesaver.
And one more word of caution....avoid malitol at all costs. I hate the stuff and I think nothing good can come of it!

Here;s some stuff I read on this board about it...
Maltitol has a glycemic index of between 38 and 50, and 2.7 and 3 calories per gram. This makes it roughly equivalent in carbohydrate level to Rice, or lactose.

Gram for Gram, it has about 53% of the effect on your Blood Sugar that Sucrose has [76% for Maltitol Syrup,] and 68-75% of it is absorbed. So, figure that for every 2g of Maltitol, you'll get the effect of 1g of Sugar, and for every 4g of Maltitol Syrup, you'll get the effect of 3g of Sugar. So, 14g of Maltitol would have the effect of 7g of Sucrose [Table Sugar.] 14g of Maltitol Syrup would have the effect of 10g of Sucrose.