View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 12:43

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Being on the go does make things a little harder. I think the most important thing is planning and NOT letting yourself get hungry because then you will be tempted to grab anything. You can make quiche in little muffin tins for mornings when you have no time to make breakfast. Use eggs, cheese, half and half, sausage, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, onions, mushrooms, red peppers or whatever combo of stuff you would like. Just wrap them individually and freeze them. Set them out the night before if you know you have a busy day ahead. Although it's not really induction food... individual packets of almonds or sunflower seeds are nice to have on hand in your purse in case you get caught in traffic or out and just need a quick fix to keep you going. Salads and veggies (celery, red bell pepper, broccoli or cauliflower flowerettes, cucumber slices, turnip "chips", radishes, cherry tomatoes for dipping) are both great snacks/lunches that are pretty easy for on the go. You can buy tiny little storage containers that are perfect for salad dressing or a dip for your veggies. Cheese sticks are great to keep on hand. I always take packets of mustard with me too so I can dip my cheese sticks. *I think I must miss my mustard dipping pretzel days* After induction you can take fruit and cottage cheese for a snack or lunch too. You can always pick up those roasted chickens from your local grocery store (although read labels) and cut up chicken to toss on your salads. Hard boiled eggs are good for salads too and are something you can just make a large batch of once a week. Also meat slices wrapped around a cheese stick or spread with mayo and lettuce and rolled up like tortillas are quick snacks. Those are all things that can be taken with you pretty easily and eaten on the go. Hope there are some ideas there that will help you out.

Jenn