View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 09:13

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

My recommendation would be to get about 200 g of protein. I g per lb is a body-building rule of thumb to prevent muscle loss. After that, you will need to monitor carb levels vis a vis performance. For example, at 20-30 g of carbs a day, I fail at my cardio in the middle of the week. At 50, I struggle, but it's ok, and at 100, both my cardio and my lifting are good.

Since you've been stalled and fatigued on Atkins (20-30 g), I would recommend that you start somewhere in the 50-100 range and see how you feel. Once you set proteina nd carbs, fat just makes up the rest. I monitor calories, but I don't try to hit a set amount per day. Mine tend to vary throughout the week, being as low as 1200 right after free day (not hungry) and hitting 2200 or so by Friday.

Did you ever consider if potassium might be part of your fatigue problem? Too much is bad for you, but if you're running low, a tab or three over the course of 2-3 days will perk you up fast. In the summer, I add a pinch of half-potassium salt to my shakes as a preventative.

BTW, I have also done by-th-book BFL, so if you want opinions on that, I can help, and so can Arnie, and a few others. A fair number of us have tried regular BFL even if we usually do LC. For me, I wanted to know how 'regular' worked before I tried tweaking.

Glutamine: Do you mean 10 *grams*? 10 mg is nothing. You may want more than 10 g, and you want it powdered. I take 20 g during the week and none over the weekend. 5g in the morning, 5 g before lifting, 10 g before bed. TrainerDan goes up to 40g.

Cheers,

Friday