View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 07:51

Plan: Atkins, KISS
Stats: 235/200/183 Male 6' 1
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default LC BFL Diet Advice

OK. I've read the book twice now, read lots of how-to articles and testimonials from people on this board as well as a fair share of negative feedback from people on other forums.

All in all I am prepared to do the BFL (Ta-Dahhh!) - With modifications (I hope these will not degrade its effectiveness).

The exercise modifications are two 90 minute swim training sessions a week in place of two aerobic sessions. The remaining aerobic session I will run for 20 minutes. I need to swim Wed and Fri and for convenience I'd like to keep Sunday as my free day. I hope this arrangement (The long swims) will not overtrain the muscles too much when combined with the weight sessions.

The other modification is LC BFL. I am under the impression everyone here is doing LC BFL not stock BFL. As well as getting an opinion on the exercise modifications above, I am in need of confirmation on food group ratios, timing, calories and supplements for LC BFL.

So far I have this for starters (I am a 36yo male, 6'1", 209lb and been on Atkins 4 months):

Morning:
1. Take 10mg glutamine
2. Drink 2 cups of water
3. (Optional caffeine)
4. Do the exercise
5. Drink 2 cups of water
6a. For weights days or running day take whey protein isolate for muscle repair within 45 mins of workout as well some carbs but low fat. QUESTION: Calories & ratios?
OR
6b. For swimming days take in 800 calories of 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs.

For the remaining 5 meals, what kinds of things are people eating with the LC version?

I am thinking overall that my calorie intake should be less than 2500 with around 55% fat, 35-40% protein and 5-10% carbs (30-60g).

How does this sound? What supplements are people using?

Lots of questions I know. But I need to come up to speed fast from people who have done LC BFL with successful results.
Sponsored Links