View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 11:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Just before I started this WOL I was panic stricken. I could not leave my house. I was barely functioning at work. I got a prescription from my doctor for antidepressants..AGAIN...and I also took Ativan 2mg for panic attacks.
I have in the past had some ED...I would not call myself a full fledged Bulimic...but I used to purge quite regularly...tried the laxitives, but they only made me sick.

Since starting this WOL I have not had one panic attack. I have not felt depressed. I do not binge eat...or purge. I feel very much in control of myself...hence my life has greatly improved in a very short amount of time.

The only fear I still carry is that I may not reach goal. And if I do, will I keep up with this WOE. I tell myself that I will. Why would I go back to being out of control. I was miserable, and quite moderately depressed. I do not want to go back to that for anything...not even the pleasures of carbohydrates. I am an addict...and I will always be an addict. Just as those that are addicted to drugs or alcohol...I must stay away from them always!

I do not miss those extra pounds, or the headaches, belly aches, back aches, panic attacks, or depression...and really ....I don't miss the carbs that much....So here is hoping that we get there....AND STAY THERE!!!!