View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 07:12

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default A discussion of fears.

Can you help/relate or have a fear to share?

Fear 1
Some mornings I fear I won't get hungry -
I fear this because I don't enjoy eating and just won't eat until hungry. I don't fear this because of my ED history. I fear this because I know (right?) if I don't eat my metabolism will be low all day.
I always eventually do get hungry and eat.
Still the fear remains even after years of lc.

Q. If you wake up not hungry and don't eat - will your metabolism still slow down? Or does it slow down only if you wake up hungry and you don't eat? In other words, if you ONLY eat when hungry are you messing up your metabolism? Or is this wonderful "listening to the needs of my body?".

Fear 2

Sometimes right before and during eating (in the first few moments)- my heart beats fast and I fear I won't ever feel full. I'm afraid I'll just continue to be hungry and eat and eat until I have eaten too much, and I'll feel completely at the mercy of my "never full" stomach. I slow down my eating at that time and then I do get full and I'm so relieved. But sometimes the fear is still there.

Q. Anyone else re-live fears like this from their "fat days"? The fear of never feeling full (but then thank goodness you do?).
-------------------------
I believe these 2 fears are rooted in my history. Always being told to eat breakfast & years of eating lowfat meals and never feeling full.

Do you have answers to my Q's?
What are YOUR fears during this woe?

I love this safe place. Thanks.
Nsmith4366 "All we have to fear, is fear itself." famous quotation
Sponsored Links